Wednesday, January 28, 2009

First seminar for Historical Linguistics

My family had a CNY celebration at our home today and invited relatives..which is obvious that I'm the only one unable to turn up.. Struggling with homesickness, I focus on studying these few days..
Reached King George building quite earlier this morning, there were students still inside having lesson, I borrowed the required textbook 'Language change: Progree or decay?' 2nd edition from Robinson library though I know is actually the third edition that we have to study.. (3rd edition is unavailable in the library at the moment) Stupid amazon, took so long to deliver the book to my doorstep..
Attended English writing class from 1 to 3pm. Unsurprisingly, majority Asian students were there, and a few from Europe and Russian, I believe none of the Britons sign up for these classes since English is their mother tongue..
Headed to library after the class, started to read the fiction 'Beyond Ugly' again.. is quiet in library since all of the students finished their exams last week. I took a glimpse out of the library window, enjoy the scenery, simply love English-style building, red-bricks building.. the night falls when five o'clock approached, and I noticed that today is unusually misty.. visibility is extremely low, all I could see from the opposite building were only the lights..
Stepped out from the library, cold wind welcomed me.. On my journey to bus station, I met a Malaysian girl (she always wear a sweet smile on her face) whom I can't remember her name, we chat awhile, she hurried along to church then.. and I continue my way for dinner~~

No comments: