Saturday, May 16, 2009

Study study study

I first met this bunch of teenager in the bus station near Fenham, well..frankly speaking, I don't really like to mix with them, cuz some of their behaviour are nasty.. But they won't harm you if you speak English.. and from those conversations we hold, I noticed that their lines do contain Northern features, such as 'Ay' for 'yes', and 'yous' as in plural you (standard English don't differentiate that) Not bad to study linguistics here, cuz I can always do experiment whenever and wherever. =)
My first exam fall on the 30th of May, written Japanese test.. another two will be on the 3rd and 4th of June respectively. Historical linguistics and Language topics, I think the latter will be easier to handle as the former consists of two textbooks.
Went to dye and cut my hair yesterday in city centre, I chose a dark-brown colour, but it turned out to be completely black, and is even blackish than my natural hair color... wth..
We had our very first Malaysian society meetings yesterday (the new batch of commitees).Some of us will be flying back to KL, and will take part in the pre-departure session in KL (Last year was in KL Hilton) Well, I do hope that by becoming one of the commitee members will sharpen my communication skill (to persuade ppl for sponsorship, indeed a very challenging task)

Brother's book reached my doorstep today, an extremely heavy text! Need to get a D&G sunglass for my cousin sis as well.. Despite the fact that I spent too much on Burberry, I decided not to buy iPod touch this year, think I'll get an iPhone the following year =) Mummy and daddy will be coming to England this September, will rent a car and drive to Scotland, can't wait.
Study study study!

No comments: