Sunday, February 8, 2009

Lion dance at China town

Start working at 12pm, the best thing working at a restaurant is, you don't have to worry about your food, 3 meals are provided.
Today was a disaster, customers kept flocking in..cuz there was a show along the china town street, and there were ppl everywer.. Twice the lion dance groupee entered our restaurant, and my manager already have two cabbages (or lettuce?) that contained an angpow each prepared~
This is the day I got to feel the real Chinese New Year atmosphere in Newcastle, not bad~~
Work till 6pm non-stop..the crowd started to fade around 4pm, phew~
my leg ached..
Back home to do revision, I finish reading the part that tomorrow lecture will cover~ the content is really interesting, I got to know the event 'Hillsborough disaster' which resulted 95 people died of compressive aphyxia in a football match.
It happened in Newcastle here as well, several years ago, a football fan was killed after a match. Last week, there was some riots happened outside the restaurant Tian Tian, which was quite closed by to where I work. Agressive football fans......
I got an angpow from my manager, a generously 5 pounds note =)

No comments: