Sunday, October 18, 2009

Lunch and dinner with friends

Is a Sunday! I went lunch with friends today, cheeky duck at china town.
Went to shop with Rosie, Nisha and Jen.
Dinner at Wokmania, we printed vouchers, and got 2 for 1 prices.
I was a bit too exhausted when I reached home, wanted to prepare for lecture tomorrow, but I wasn't concentrate at all, I did read a few pages of the text, half-understand and half not.
Tossed the book on the table, I picked up my fiction instead, page 286,
I suddenly remember this scene in MPH, this was where I work last summer. There was this Indian girl looking for the book, I'm sure we still left one in store, cuz system showed that and I saw it on the shelf few days ago.
The paperback staff couldn't locate it, and we actually wanted to give up finding.
I went to back office to have a good look, cuz I sensed the Indian girl really want the book and I want to find that for her.
I finally locate it in one of the shrink wrap shelves. =) I think this is the best thing I did last summer. so, she got the book and thanked me~ the name of the book is the time traveler's wife, and that's what I'm reading now.
Ha! I got it only 2.76 pounds, Miss Indian =p

2 comments:

Pre Order said...

OMG! so cheap. Guess i'll have more books to read there. ;)
I love the book to the extent I read it all over again (till some page) after I've finished. it.

Li.

Charlotte said...

yeah, I'm going to start reading For one more day by Mitch Albom for the third time! hehehe